Opening Hymn: LSB 485 With High Delight, Let us Unite
Creed (Back Cover)
Lord’s Prayer (Back Cover)
1) The Report of the Guard
a) What do the guards know, and therefore confess to the Chief Priests?
i) Can anyone plead ignorance?
(1) Why then don’t the Chief Priests believe?
(2) What then, will convince them?
(3) How does this give us hope in terms of our own evangelism efforts?
ii) What do we see is at the center of the Counsel’s actions?
(1) Do we ever deny the truth for the sake of our own self-satisfaction?
(2) Explain how breaking one commandment leads to breaking all of them
2) The Great Commission
a) What were the two reactions from the disciples?
i) How does this mirror our own life?
ii) Why the doubt?
(1) Will signs take away their doubt?
(2) What, alone, creates true faith?
iii) What does Jesus give them?
b) How does Jesus resurrection confirm what He says about His authority?
i) How are the disciples to use this Divine authority?
(1) In what way does this confirm the one true will of God?
(2) How is the Divine authority exercised?
ii) Explain the connection between Holy Baptism and the Holy Word of God
(1) Who, then is the great commission for?
(a) The church, exercised through the Holy Ministry of God by Word and Sacrament?
(b) Or individuals in whatever way they see fit?
(2) How is this a great comfort to us all?
Closing Prayer: Luther’s Morning Prayer, pg. 327